jueves, 22 de abril de 2010

A night to forget ...


The night's earthquake I was on holidays in Valdivia with my parents. I don't like remember it... was horrible, we was in a house like a ''palafito'' next to the river. We ride all day for the city and its surroundings, my dad wanted to stay in a nearby island, or on a quiet beach but I don't want to be so close to the sea as if something happened it was very difficult out there fast because the road is full of bridges, so finally we stayed in the city.
That night there was many activity at the banks of the river because 27's night would be the valdivia's night, so we ride until late...then we went to dinner at a restaurant and then went to the hotel to rest... Time's earthquake we had recently gone to sleep, the street was very steep so the first thing we think is that we lost the car. My mom went into shock, we could not get her out of the room and when we try to go down the stairs was very difficult because it was moving too.
Then we learned that in other places it was worse, my family lives in Concepción and Talcachuano, spent hours of horror, not knowing them. Thank God everyone was safe.
We returned to Cañete to my grandmother's house, the road was impossible ... we got stuck in a crack, but with the help of the police could go out and continue along the path. On the field, the replicas were constant, the feeling was like traveling in a boat all day.We isolated several days without water or electricity, no phones, no money, gasoline, and no radio.After 12 days we returned to Santiago.
After resting a few days I joined to the volunteer work being done by the odontology's faculty for to go to the aid of people left homeless.Just when we were building was a replica of 7.7. My family was scared because they could not contact me and I was in Paine.Now that classes started I could not go to help more, I would have liked to continue doing it.
Well, that was my story with the earthquake.
I do not want to remember it or talk about it anymore for a long, long time :D!

No hay comentarios: